Juniper Mist AI and Cloud
Transform IT with AI-driven operations and support
Product Overview (PDF)
A cloud service based on machine learning and driven by Mist AI. It replaces manual troubleshooting tasks with automated wireless operations to make Wi-Fi predictable, reliable, and measurable and provides unique visibility into user service levels.
- Proactive optimization of wireless performance
- Simple and secure access to resources
- Dynamic packet capture for troubleshooting
- Proactive root-cause identification
- Network automation with APIs
The Juniper Mist Wired Assurance service brings Mist AI to access-layer switching. It sets a new network management standard with AI-driven operations and automation, improving the experiences of devices connected to resources through Juniper EX Series Ethernet Switches.
- Onboard, configure, and manage Juniper EX Series switches from the Juniper Mist Cloud
- Build and deploy campus fabric architectures in minutes based on intent
- Leverage open APIs for third-party integration and automation across multivendor environments
- Use AI-driven insights to learn exactly how switches are performing
- Configure sites and switches using templates and port profiles
The Juniper Mist WAN Assurance service simplifies operations, improves visibility into end-user experiences, and shortens SD-WAN mean time to repair.
- Visibility into WAN user experiences with application-based context
- End-to-end user impact analyses based on WLAN, LAN, and WAN telemetry data
- Automated identification and correction of gateway misconfigurations and faulty interfaces
- Health insights into Session Smart Routers, SRX Series Services Gateways, and WAN links
- Simplified configuration and deployment of Session Smart Routers
Meet Marvis, the first virtual network assistant (VNA) purpose-built with Mist AI for enterprise WLANs, LANs, and WANs. It fundamentally transforms network operations from reactive troubleshooting to proactive remediation through self-driving actions.
- A conversational interface uses natural language to understand user intent
- Marvis automatically takes action or provides recommendations to proactively fix an issue before users know it exists
- Marvis Android app enables a client-level view of the network, capturing events directly from end-users’ devices
- Validated Mist AI-driven support can decrease user-generated tickets by up to 90 percent
Premium Analytics offers network visibility and business intelligence to drive your digital transformation journey.
- Network insights that help assure quality experiences across both wired and wireless networks
- Monitoring and behavior reports for applications and clients
- WAN visibility into link and application quality of experience (QoE)
- Data ingestion, analysis, and reporting from Juniper and third-party network devices (not managed by the Juniper Mist Cloud)
- Segmentation of visitor network traffic patterns with dynamic categorizations for insights into trends and motion flows
- Third-party data ingestion and customized reporting
User Engagement uses virtual Bluetooth LE (vBLE) array technology and cloud-based machine learning to drive down deployment costs and improve the accuracy of real-time indoor location services, from wayfinding to location-based proximity notifications.
- Implement new wireless services, such as indoor navigation and proximity messages
- Drive customer behavior with contextual offers
- Trigger HVAC, security cameras, and other IoT devices based on user location
- Easily direct employees to available resources such as meeting rooms
- Share location information with colleagues, family, and friends
Asset Visibility makes it easy to find key assets and people, with detailed location analytics always at your fingertips.
- Improve product placement based on traffic patterns
- Optimize staffing resources to accommodate demand
- Find assets quickly
- Maximize real estate usage
Juniper Mist IoT Assurance
The Juniper Mist IoT Assurance cloud service streamlines IT operations while securing network connections for headless IoT and BYOD devices. It uses Multi Pre-Shared Key (MPSK) or Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) as new types of identity and policy vectors to provide a simple yet comprehensive way to onboard client devices without relying on client MAC addresses.
- MAC-less client device onboarding
- Ability to create, rotate, and auto-expire PSKs at cloud scale
- Dynamic traffic engineering
- Key-based WxLAN policy
- Personal WLAN
- Active device usage tracking per PSK
- Automated key provisioning and rotation
Mist Access Assurance
The Juniper Mist Access Assurance service provides secure wired and wireless network access control based on user and device identities. The service enforces zero-trust network access policies for guest, IoT, BYOD, and corporate devices.
- Client-first experience
- Granular identity fingerprinting
- Network policy enforcement
- High availability and geo-affinity
- Single-pane-of-glass management
- Automatic software updates
- API-driven architecture
Mist AI uses a combination of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science techniques to optimize user experiences and simplify operations across the wireless access, wired access, and SD-WAN domains.
Data is ingested from numerous sources, including Juniper Mist Access Points, Switches, Session Smart Routers, and Firewalls for end-to-end insight into user experiences. These devices work in concert with Mist AI to optimize user experiences from client-to-cloud, including automated event correlation, root cause identification, Self-Driving Network™ operations, network assurance, proactive anomaly detection, and more.
Juniper also leverages Mist AI for next-generation customer support. It is the foundational element behind Marvis, the industry’s first AI-driven Virtual Network Assistant, which provides extensive insight and guidance to IT staff via a natural language conversational interface.
With Mist AI, operators save time and money with faster problem resolution and fewer onsite visits. Users benefit from a network infrastructure that is more predictable, reliable, and measurable.